Aloha Island Pokie – Overview of Theme, Game Mechanics and Bonus Features
While the online slots market is awash with titles from well-established brands like NetEnt, Playtech, and Microgaming, many lesser-known slot providers have released excellent gaming content. Bally Technologies is one of them. There are plenty of online casinos in Australia that feature Bally’s titles, so you don’t have to miss them when you’re a gambling enthusiast. Among Bally’s array of slots, Aloha Island pokie stands out from the crowd thanks to its relaxing theme, reasonably simple game mechanics, pleasing visuals, and good winning potential. Released in early 2015, the Aloha Island slot hasn’t lost its popularity to this day, even despite the recent release of Aloha Cluster Pays, a Hawaii-themed pokie from NetEnt.
Aloha Island Pokie Design and Gameplay
Summer, with its warm sun, beaches, and cool cocktails, is a favorite pastime of many. However, it only lasts a few weeks of the year in some countries. The Aloha Island pokie is released by Bally Technologies and allows every gambling enthusiast to enjoy beach paradise. Launching this title will transport you to a Hawaiian beach with a bright blue ocean and sparkling sunshine. Despite its venerable age, the Aloha Island slot has nice graphics that capture the atmosphere of the Pacific island as well as being compatible with mobile devices so everyone can enjoy the action right on the go.
On a technical note, Aloha Island pokie is a 5-reel slot machine with 3 symbol rows and 50 paylines for placing bets. While this playing field format is already a bit dated by today’s standards, Aloha Island pokie has some great extras that improve the game’s overall impression and increase its winning potential. So, here are some details of the gambling machine to be aware of:
- The return to player ratio is 94.02%. While this is significantly lower than the industry average, RTP still means you have a good chance of a decent payout. However, we wouldn’t recommend the Aloha Island slot to fulfill the casino bonuses‘ wagering conditions in Australia. Perhaps, Aloha Cluster Pays from NetEnt would be a better option for bonus wagering.
- Low to medium volatility. When choosing a slot, you should always pay attention to the volatility rate – unless you have an unlimited bankroll – as your betting strategy depends on it. Aloha Island slot can be a great option for beginners and casuals alike, as it often makes payouts.
- The betting range is between AUD 0.50 and AUD 500 per spin. Given this spread, Aloha Island will suit low rollers and those willing to risk a large sum. Because the paylines are fixed, you can’t wager less than AUD 0.50 per game round.
- The maximum multiplier on your line bet is x5,000. This means that by betting AUD 500 (the highest possible wager in the game) on a spin, you’ll be eligible for a prize of AUD 50,000.
If the winning potential of this review’s hero doesn’t seem that impressive, you might want to try out Aloha Cluster Pays, another fantastic representative of Hawaii themed slots category released by NetEnt.
Aloha Island Pokie Symbols and Payouts
Like many other 5-reel video slots with standard mechanics, Aloha Island pays for combinations of 3-5 matching icons landed on any payline. The cash prize is calculated as the product of the bet size and the payout multiplier applied to a particular combination. The higher the value of the symbols – and the more symbols are involved – the bigger the multiplier. All symbols available in the game are divided into three categories:
- Low-paying card symbols from 10 to Ace. Landing quite often, they form combinations with very mediocre payout multipliers.
- Themed icons depicted as a clam with a pearl, a seashell, colorful tropical fish, a boat, and a parrot, with the latter being the most valuable icon among the regular ones.
- Special symbols. There’s a Wild capable of not only replacing simple and themed icons to help you complete winning combos but can also result in a 100 times jackpot. Additionally, a free spin triggering Scatter with a great beach view is also available in the Aloha Island pokie.
To see all the winning combinations and learn more about the slot’s features, head to the paytable section.
Aloha Island Pokie Bonuses and Special Features
Unlike many game studios that provide their products with complicated in-game bonuses, Bally didn’t reinvent the wheel and added just a few of the most useful extras. In addition to the usual Wilds, stacked ones are also available, so you’ll have even better chances of winning. Furthermore, landing 3-5 Scatters anywhere on the grid will trigger a free spins bonus game where you can make at least 5 spins without spending your hard-earned money on stakes. You will earn +1 free spin for every new Scatter landed in the bonus game. In addition, x3 extra payout multiplier to the prizes received in the bonus game apply. While there are plenty of titles offering more advanced special features amongst Hawaii themed slots, the available ones are sufficient for the vast majority of gamblers from Australia.
How to Win the Aloha Island Pokie?
With an engaging theme and good winning potential, Aloha Island pokie can lure in many gambling enthusiasts. However, despite a fairly high hit rate due to low volatility, this title doesn’t boast a high RTP, so your bankroll will melt away on extended play sessions. However, the free spins bonus, the real highlight of this game, can rectify the situation, as all the payouts it accrues come with an x3 additional payout multiplier.