Baccarat Online Games in Australian Casinos
Before you try to play baccarat for real money, you need to know the game rules. First of all, you must understand that when making a bet before the cards are dealt, you must choose between three possible outcomes – for the Player, the Banker to win, or for the hands to be played a Tie. Check out below for a simple step-by-step game guide that will give you a complete picture of what’s happening at the table:
- Choose the baccarat online option that suits your preferences and expectations.
- Choose the size of the bet taking into account the betting range preset for the selected version of the game.
- Place the wager taking into account the chosen option – for the Player to win, for the Banker to win or for a Tie.
- The Dealer deals two open cards to the Player and the Banker, respectively. Having calculated the total value of the cards, you must decide on your next action. Cards from 2-9 range are worth their face value, Ace is worth 1 point, other cards including Tens are worth zero points.
- Taking into account the total value of the cards, a decision is made to draw the third card. Keep in mind that if you score 10 or more, the total hand value is determined by the second digit of the two-digit number.
- By scoring between 0 and 5, the player can draw a third card. There is no option to draw a card if the player scored 6 or 7 points.
- By scoring between 0 and 2, the banker can draw a third card. If the banker scored from 3 to 6, the decision to draw the third card depends on how many points the player scored. There are several such scenarios – when the banker’s hand stands on 3-7, 4-7, 5-7, 6 and 7 or 7. The rules for drawing a third hand are detailed in the basic strategy.
Unlike most other gambling options, baccarat online is a game with a very low house edge – about 1.4%. Develop your own betting strategy keeping in mind winning odds for each of the three betting types:
- Given the somewhat privileged position of the Banker, the Banker bet comes with the house edge of up to 1.04%, making it the best one for those using numerical-sequence-based strategies.
- Bet on a Player comes with a house edge of about 1.24% – still a promising option.
- Bet on Tie comes with a huge house edge of around 14.4% making it the most risky – however, it has significantly higher payouts.
Since online baccarat offers a limited selection of betting options compared to roulette, most betting strategies involve simply changing the bet size depending on the results of previous game rounds. Thus, the player can choose between Martingale, Donald-Nathanson, Whitaker and D’Alembert betting systems.
Best Baccarat Online Tips to Win
Like a guessing game, baccarat gives you the opportunity to choose the winning hand to bet on. However, with some tricks, you can play more successfully:
- Know the game. Learn the game rules and basic strategy before you start. Also, be aware of the differences in rules and game structure of some variations such as Punto Banco, Chemin De Fer and others.
- Try to stay in the game. Since the longer you play, the better your chances of hitting a big win, you should choose your bet size based on your bankroll.
- While the Banker bet looks the most profitable given the low house edge, don’t forget the commission deduction on Banker bets, which range from 5% to 25%.
- Bet on the Player more often. This rule proceeds from the previous one, since you have to pay a commission on the winnings comes from the Banker bet.
- Avoid Tie bets, as they are the riskiest. However, you can make this bet by chance – but rarely.
- When playing with betting strategies, choose games that offer a wide betting range so that you don’t hit the upper limit of your bet size before you hit that big win.
When choosing between betting systems, keep in mind that the Martingale strategy is the most risky – use it in online baccarat versions offering a wide betting range.
Can you play baccarat online in Australia?There are many Australian-friendly casinos offering a wide variety of baccarat versions. You can play baccarat for free and for real money. Moreover, these games are available for both desktop and mobile devices.
Do Australian casinos cheat on baccarat online?Legitimate and reliable Australian online casinos, licensed by a reputable body, always adhere to the rules of fair play, creating a safe and comfortable gambling environment for their customers. Since baccarat has a positive house edge providing guaranteed profits, casinos do not cheat their players.
Is it possible to count cards in baccarat online?Card counting technique is applicable to baccarat online. Moreover, the online format of the game makes the application of card counting even easier and more accessible for everyone.
What is baccarat online best bet?We cannot give an unambiguous answer to this question, since it all depends on your preferences and expectations. Tie bet may be the best option for high rollers as it brings in the largest payouts. Banker bet is the most profitable as it comes with minimal house edge (however, keep the commission in mind). Player bet might be the best option as you don't have to pay a 5-25% commission.