Online Baccarat – Fun & Lucrative Game For Australians To Explore
Best Casinos to Play Online Baccarat in Australia 2023
What Is Online Baccarat?
The notion of “Online Baccarat” encompasses wide virtual varieties of this casino game. Baccarat card games are hugely popular offline. When the availability of web-based gambling surged, it was only natural for Baccarat to become just as adored in web casinos. It’s completely legal to play it in Australia with a real money bet, and many Aussie-friendly casinos offer Baccarat tables.
An online Baccarat game takes place between real players who use real money wagers through a web interface. Baccarat online casino games from the leading software developers feature a streamlined user interface with convenient controls for player actions. The player-favored titles also boast a top-notch design – from smooth animations and eye-pleasing elements to imitate the atmosphere of a Baccarat table at an offline casino.
Baccarat Variations To Play At Online Casinos
The best Baccarat online casino will partner with dozens of software providers to ensure you have access to all popular variations.
The standard version of the Baccarat game online has an uncomplicated gameplay system with 2-card hands named the Player and the Banker. The gambler is invited to bet and predict which one will win.
The two cards for the Player and Banker are drawn from 6 or 8 decks. Depending on how many points the initial two cards score, a third card may be added to either the Player’s hand or both hands. The system for deciding the winner is simple – whichever hand’s final score is closer to 9 points.
Chemin De Fer
An original Baccarat version from France and one of the oldest varieties. Many believe it served as the basis for most other variants. This Baccarat online game makes the participants compete against each other instead of playing against the dealer. All gamblers take turns being the Banker.
Playing Baccarat Chemin De Fer, the Banker starts by placing a wager. Any player willing to match this bet in full is called “going bank”. Only one person at the table can “go bank”.
If no one matches the Banker’s wager in full, all players make a bet until the total amount matches the Banker’s bet. When the cards are dealt, the person with the highest bet acts as the Player, representing themselves and other bettors.
High Limit Baccarat
The low house edge makes Baccarat one of the best casino games for high-rolling gamblers. High-limit online Baccarat Australia is catered towards high rollers. Playing with greater stakes is known to boost the thrill of gambling.
High-limit Baccarat tables may include all popular variations. The gameplay follows the usual course, but the bet limits are sky-high and may reach AUD 2,000 per round.
This widely popular and available casino Baccarat game originates from Cuba. It uses 6 decks and the standard two-hand format – the Player and the Banker.
Your bet options are predicting one of the three possible outcomes: Banker wins, Player wins, or a Tie occurs. The win is awarded to whichever hand scores the closest to 9 points. A complicated system of rules determines whether the Player and Banker are allowed to draw a third card.
The Mini Baccarat casino game is essentially identical to Punto Banco, except it uses 8 decks and boasts a faster gameplay pace. Besides, a Mini Baccarat table has low stakes, which means you won’t lose much money even in a lengthy session.
Playing the European Baccarat card game is different from Punto Banco only in three aspects:
- The Banker can choose whether to draw the third card. In other varieties, the Banker’s action is determined by complex rules.
- If the Player’s initial 2-card hand scores 5 points, it’s up to them whether to draw or stand.
- In some games, the house finances the Banker hand. If the first player’s bet matches the Banker’s worth in full, other players at the table do not get an opportunity to bet.
When the player decides to fully cover the Banker bet, this move is called “Banco”.
This variation of Baccarat online in Australia originates from American poker-focused casinos. The Baccarat Gold card games were developed to simplify the conditions for drawing cards. The rules are generally identical to the traditional Baccarat tables, with three exceptions:
- Going with the Player bet, you can choose to draw or stand if the initial hand totals 5 points.
- When the Player has drawn a third card, the Banker always draws at 0-3 points, always stands at 6-7 points, and may draw at 4-5 points if the Player’s third card has a value of 3 to 7.
- If your Tie bet wins, you get a 9:1 payout.
Worth noting, Baccarat Gold is only played using 8 decks.
This cutting-edge format of virtual gambling involves real dealers who conduct the game with the use of real equipment. The live Baccarat online gameplay is filmed and live-streamed to your device. The user interface has all the options to control your betting, sometimes also a live chat.
Live Baccarat online Australia is beloved by gamers for how closely it imitates the atmosphere of a real offline casino. The chatty and amicable live dealer prompts the players’ betting actions and provides the social component many gamblers crave.
Free Baccarat Games And Bonuses
Except for live dealer games, you can play all varieties of Baccarat for free in web casinos. The so-called demo mode allows a new player to try out the gameplay features without the risk of losing money.
As another option for fans of Baccarat, free online play is available through casino bonuses, such as:
- No deposit cash bonuses;
- Welcome deposit match bonuses;
- Reload bonuses for regulars.
These bonuses are credited to your bonus account and only valid for a limited duration, after which you simply lose any unused freebies. You can use the bonus cash to play Baccarat for free, without Baccarat online real money bets. There’s no risk to lose your hard-earned real funds. This way, you get familiar with the gameplay and even have a chance for real money wins.
Casino bonuses for free Baccarat online usually come with additional betting restrictions and wager requirements. If you fail to fulfil them, you lose your bonus winnings. Give a thorough read to Terms & Conditions before claiming a tempting bonus to play Baccarat online.
Baccarat Basic Rules
The goal of the game is to make up a hand of playing cards with a total value of 9 – or as close to 9 as possible. Determining the value of individual cards couldn’t be more straightforward:
- Numbered cards (2-9) – face value;
- Ten, Jack, Queen, Kind – zero points;
- Ace – one point.
To find out the value of a hand, add the values of all cards and take the last digit of the sum. If you get 10, you lose all points and have 0.
Playing the game of online Baccarat for real money, you can take two actions that affect the gameplay. “Drawing” means asking for an additional card, which will increase the hand size to 3 cards and potentially change its value. “Standing” indicates the gambler wishes to proceed with their current hand value.
Baccarat Player Rules
The Baccarat game rules for the Player couldn’t be simpler. The action is determined by the value of the initial two cards: 5 or fewer points – draw; 6 or 7 points – stand.
The Player’s initial hand is what determines the Banker’s action.
Baccarat Banker Rules
If the Player stands on their initial 2-card hard, the Banker acts according to the same rules as the Player: 5 or fewer points – draw; 6 or 7 points – stand.
If the Player hand draws a third card in a game of Baccarat online, the rules for the Banker’s actions become more complicated:
- 2 or fewer points in the Banker hand – the Banker always draws a third card.
- 3 points – the Banker draws, except if the third card in the Player’s hand is an Eight.
- 4 points – the Banker draws, provided the third card in the Player’s hand is a Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, or Seven.
- 5 points – the Banker draws, provided the third card in the Player’s hand is a Four, Five, Six, or Seven.
- 6 points – the Banker draws, provided the third card in the Player’s hand is a Six or Seven.
- 7 points – the Banker will lose the right to draw and must stand.
Noteworthy, you lose nothing if you don’t memorize these rules to participate in a game of Baccarat. The gambler’s only task is to make bets.
Baccarat Betting System
When you play Baccarat online, you have three betting options – not counting side bets.
- Bet on the Player – you’re betting that the Player hand’s value will be closer to 9 than the Banker’s. If your prediction is correct, you get a 1:1 payout.
- The Banker bet – you predict the Banker’s hand is going to win. If you’re right, you receive a 19:20 payout. It is almost even money, minus the house commission of 5 per cent.
- Bet on a Tie – you predict the Banker and Player hand will have the same total value. This is an unlikely outcome, which is why this wager comes with the prospect of a whopping 8:1 payout.
Most Baccarat gamblers prefer Banker bets over other options, as it has the lowest house edge.
Side Bets For Extra Fun!
While the standard casino Baccarat online game only has the above three bets, other varieties may have a side betting system. Their presence should be considered in your Baccarat strategies. Common side bets in Baccarat online play are:
- Even or Odd – you have four betting options. The strategy is to predict whether the final value of the Banker or Player hand will be an even or odd number.
- Big or Small – either bet is based on trying to predict if the Player and Banker will stand or draw. If no one draws and the game ends with only 4 cards on the table, the Small bet wins. If either or both sides draw and there are 5 or 6 cards at the end, the Big bet wins.
- Dragon Bonus – the strategy predicts how many points will be between the winning and losing hands. The greater the disparity, the greater the payout on a winning Dragon Bonus bet.
Another ubiquitous betting option is the Pair bet. Making this bet, your strategy is to predict the Banker, the Player, or both will get a hand consisting of two cards of the same value. Most games promise a highly generous payout of 11:1 on a Pair bet.
Online Baccarat Strategy
When planning your Baccarat game strategy, there are three factors you need to take into account: house edge, odds, and winning probability. Learning these parameters for every bet will shape up your baccarat strategy to win and help you decide how much risk you’re willing to take with your Baccarat bets.
House Edge On Main Bets
The game is famous for offering an incredibly low house edge – that’s something every Baccarat winning strategy should consider. Playing Baccarat with 6 decks, you get the following house edge values on the main bets:
- Player bet – 1.24 percent.
- Banker bet – 1.06 percent.
- Tie bet – 14.44 percent.
If the game is played with 8 card decks, the house edge on Tie bets goes down to 14.36 percent. However, this doesn’t affect the average betting strategy.
Odds Of Winning
The odds in Baccarat demonstrate the likelihood of a certain bet, provided that an infinite number of games are played.
- betting on the Banker, you win 45.85 percent of the time – or 50.68 percent if your strategy factors out all ties.
- the Player hand has a 44.62 percent win rate – or 49.32 percent in a strategy that disregards all ties.
- a Tie wins in 9.53 percent of cases.
The best winning baccarat strategy will consider these odds. The house has an insignificant albeit consistent advantage on both Banker and Player bets. The odds are steeply against you on Tie bets, which is why most strategies exclude them.
The probability of any event is always described as a figure between 0 and 1. In this context, 0 means it’s impossible, while 1 means the event is 100 percent likely to happen. Your strategy should consider the winning probability of each of the three main Baccarat bets:
- Banker bet wins – 0.458653;
- Player bet wins – 0.446279;
- Tie bet wins – 0.095069.
The above comparison makes it abundantly clear that Baccarat isn’t perfect for an even-chance gambling strategy. Banker bets boast a slightly higher winning probability.
How To Win Baccarat Online
Unlike poker and similar table games, a Baccarat strategy is essentially a series of guesses based purely on chance and devoid of patterns. Thus, even with sophisticated betting systems, it’s statistically impossible to win all the time. However, there are certain strategies on how to win Baccarat more consistently.
Pay Attention To The Rules
Every player should know the nuances of different bets before deciding on their strategy for Baccarat. Traditionally, Banker bets come with a 5 percent house commission. However, a Baccarat game casino or specific game may raise this commission to 10 percent or even higher. Check the rules before drawing up your strategy and joining a table.
If you prefer risky strategies with Tie bets, skim through the paytable beforehand. Most web casinos pay 8:1 on a winning Tie bet. However, some games may reduce Tie payouts, down to 6:1. The paytable is your friend, especially when you want to try out new Baccarat strategies.
Bet In A Smart Way
A novice at bankroll money management may lack a betting strategy. The commission on the Banker’s wager will likely baffle them. Your payout would be even money, if not for the 5 percent house fee. At first glance, this sounds expensive. But the best Baccarat bet strategy for a newcomer player is actually to bet on the Banker.
Not counting Tie situations, the Banker wins almost 51 percent of the time. Consistently opting to bet on the Banker is the cornerstone of many strategies to win lots of money in the long run.
The Tie bet is one of the poorest strategies in a game of Baccarat. Suppose you’re a new player without bankroll money management skills or betting systems. In that case, it’s a good idea to walk away from the Tie bet, as the likelihood of winning is less than 10 percent.
Employ A Betting System
Many gamblers prefer to base their betting strategy on a mathematical system. The common betting systems for Baccarat are Paroli, Martingale, and 1324.
- Paroli system – a positive progression that aims to take advantage of a winning streak. You double your wager after every win and walk away after a winning streak of three wins. If you lose, restart.
- Martingale system – a negative progression. The Martingale strategy is doubling your bet when you lose. Should you win, Martingales dictates repeating the last bet size. Just like Paroli, Martingales is to be used with even-money bets.
- 1324 system – just like the name of the strategy suggests you bet 1 unit, then 3 units, followed by 2 units, followed by 4 units. If you lose, keep betting from the beginning.
Whether you choose Martingale, Paroli, or another system, remember that you must stay consistent to win big with its help.
Test Your Luck And Feel The Thrill!
Can you play baccarat online in Australia?There are many Australian-friendly casinos offering a wide variety of baccarat versions. You can play baccarat for free and for real money. Moreover, these games are available for both desktop and mobile devices.
Do Australian casinos cheat on baccarat online?Legitimate and reliable Australian online casinos, licensed by a reputable body, always adhere to the rules of fair play, creating a safe and comfortable gambling environment for their customers. Since baccarat has a positive house edge providing guaranteed profits, casinos do not cheat their players.
Is it possible to count cards in baccarat online?Card counting technique is applicable to baccarat online. Moreover, the online format of the game makes the application of card counting even easier and more accessible for everyone.
What is baccarat online best bet?We cannot give an unambiguous answer to this question, since it all depends on your preferences and expectations. Tie bet may be the best option for high rollers as it brings in the largest payouts. Banker bet is the most profitable as it comes with minimal house edge (however, keep the commission in mind). Player bet might be the best option as you don't have to pay a 5-25% commission.
Does online Baccarat require any skill?When you play the game, you rely on pure chance. Therefore, the player isn't required to have any specific gambling-related skills.
What is the lowest house edge in online Baccarat?Betting on the Banker in Baccarat, you enjoy the lowest possible house edge of 1.06 per cent.
What's the most popular variety of online Baccarat?Punto Banco, aka American Baccarat, is highly popular with players and available in many web casinos.
Can I play Baccarat online free of charge?Online casinos typically have demo Baccarat games. Casino bonuses are another option to play online Baccarat free of expense.
Can I play Baccarat online live at web casinos?Many gambling sites offer Baccarat in the live dealer format with the most authentic atmosphere attainable in virtual gambling.