Online Casino Software – Well-Established Brands in the Australian iGaming Market
Best Online Casinos to Play in Australia
Top 10 Online Casino Software Providers for Australia
Among the many software providers in the Australia iGambling market, there are several companies offering a wide range of high-quality casino games that provide a fair and transparent gaming experience. So, it’s no surprise that when looking for games, the legal software provider is one of the most important factors to consider. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 gambling software suppliers firmly associated with exciting and potentially lucrative gaming content that every Australian should try.
Launched in 1998, RTG is a premier online casino software provider standing at the roots of the iGaming industry alongside big names like Microgaming and Playtech. From classic and cutting-edge video slots to stunning card and table games, RTG boasts a rich gambling portfolio with titles that give every player a memorable experience.
First-rate graphics that give a realistic feel and truly effective bonus features are all about the content of this amazing gambling software maker. Full of thrilling extras and covering many different themes, RTG’s video slots are the most sought-after by Australia gambling enthusiasts. Here are 3 of the provider’s best slot machines that will entertain you:
- Cash Bandits 3. One of the RTG’s latest releases, this title offers a 5×3 game grid with 25 paylines and a huge maximum prize of x115,000 bet size. To make your gaming experience potentially more lucrative, the provider has added Wilds and a free spins bonus. An RTP of 96% is the highlight of this slot.
- Frog Fortunes. Released in 2020, this is another high-volatility slot with an x50,000 max multiplier, a Ways to Win game engine, and a decent RTP of 96%. Despite the lack of a free spins bonus, you can still enjoy exploding symbols that can lead to some pretty hefty payouts.
- Aztec’s Millions. Despite its venerable age, this title draws crowds as it features a progressive jackpot. Although the maximum prize can exceed $1 million, Aztec’s Millions boasts a fairly high – as for a progressive – RTP of 94%.
For over 20 years, RTG has confirmed its reputation as a leading Australia online casino software provider and regularly releases exciting new entertainments worth playing.
With a collection of nearly 1,000 games of all kinds and collaborating with 500+ online casinos worldwide, Microgaming is a true titan of the iGaming industry that holds its leadership position to this day. Since bursting onto the scene in 1994, the online casino software provider is the first to bring physical casino games to the virtual world of Australia online casinos.
While Microgaming is associated with stunning online slots released by numerous studios, it also has plenty of RNG-based and live dealer table games that provide an engaging experience. From top-notch graphics and a variety of themes and game engines to massive progressive jackpots, this gambling software provider has gone to great lengths to ensure that players can play the best games and get worthy prizes. Here are three of the best – in our opinion – online slots from Microgaming software that everyone should try.
- Immortal Romance. With a 5×3 grid and 243 Ways to Win, this title tells a vampire story that will appeal to many. Featuring plenty of extras and an x12,150 maximum multiplier, this slot resonates with many Australians.
- Mega Moolah. Slightly outdated – but not losing its relevance – this progressive is probably the best among the many titles released by other online casino software providers. Although Mega Moolah has already paid out many multi-million-dollar jackpots, it still hasn’t lost its winning potential.
- Game of Thrones. Inspired by the popular TV show, this medium-volatility slot offers a decent RTP of 95% and has enough potential to send you home with good winnings.
Impressive in its production facilities, Microgaming makes several releases every month without ever compromising on quality, and that’s its key advantage.
With its roots in traditional casino gaming, NetEnt is a major online casino software provider headquartered in Sweden and Malta. Behind the brand stands a dedicated team of highly skilled programmers, graphic designers, and other hardworking people, all focused on creating quality content that delivers an immersive experience.
Committed to innovation, NetEnt offers stunning graphics, a variety of game engines, effective bonus features, and decent winning potential. Successfully competing with Microgaming in the progressive jackpot niche, NetEnt offers plenty of games capable of truly life-changing payouts. While – like some other online casino software providers – NetEnt also releases RNG-based and live casino table games, its slots are the most popular with Australians. Here are 3 NetEnt items worth trying.
- Starburst. Already aged and with a simple 5×3 playing field featuring 10 paylines, it supports the rather rare two-way win feature and offers a decent RTP of 96.1%, above the industry average.
- Gonzo’s Quest. Among the plethora of online casino software providers, there is unlikely to be one that can boast of such a successful product, which Gonzo’s Quest is. With great 3D animation, avalanche mechanics, and huge extra multipliers, this title impresses many Australians.
- Twin Spin. With a classic Las Vegas theme, a wide betting range, 243 betways and a large maximum multiplier, this title impresses with its Twin Reel feature that is undoubtedly the highlight of the game.
Although NetEnt was recently acquired by Evolution Gaming, the company continues to hold itself to a high standard for the quality of the gaming products it releases.
Among the myriad online casino software providers, Betsoft stand out thanks to their stunning visual effects and cinematic animations. Starting business back in 1999, Betsoft software is well known for its heavy investment in graphics in an effort to deliver a gaming experience that befits computer games.
Betsoft boasts a large library of 150+ technologically advanced gaming products that impress not just visually, but also with their bonus features and winning potential. Since Betsoft has partnered with so many online casino operators in Australia, you’ll find its products on most online casino websites and mobile apps. Here are the top 3 Betsoft slots you shouldn’t miss.
- Fruit Bat Crazy. With a relaxing fruit theme, 5×3 game grid, and 243 betways, this title has a medium volatility level and offers an avalanche feature increasing your winning chances.
- Back to Venus. With an exciting theme and stunning graphics surpassing what many other online casino software developers offer in their products, this slot boasts a very high RTP of 97.07%, well above the market average.
- Total Overdrive. Taking players back to the 1980s, this slot machine offers some thrilling extras, with the progressive multiplier being the key to some really big payouts.
Since 2015, Betsoft has switched to producing HTML5-based titles compatible with both desktop and mobile platforms. Although the graphics are stunning, their releases aren’t too hardware-hungry, so you can enjoy them even on a smartphone.
Starting out in 2012 as a small gambling software studio based in Stockholm, Thunderkick is now a respected online casino software provider, licensed by both the Maltese and UK regulators. Founded by a team of gambling enthusiasts, Thunderkick has focused on developing casino software content that is geared towards the needs of modern gamblers. Their slots are well-recognized and accepted around the world for their unique designs, fun themes, exciting game mechanics, and plenty of potentially lucrative bonus features.
Despite its youth, Thunderkick has built up quite a large portfolio with gambles providing an engaging experience. We’ve chosen 3 slots from the provider that everyone should try.
- Flame Busters. Released in 2017, this 5-reel slot with 243 betways is still popular with Australians. Mysterious symbols, free spins, and re-spins are what makes this title so engaging.
- Falcon Huntress. Reminiscent in many aspects of the popular Novomatic title, Falcon Huntress has a high level of volatility and offers a very large prize of x10,000 bet size.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas. Released way back in 2014, this title is still considered a real hit, thanks in large part to its record-breaking high RTP of 98.6%.
Compared to some gambling software companies in Australia like NetEnt or Betsoft, Thunderkick’s gaming products show themselves to be very competitive. However, with a rather small library, Thunderkick has so far found it quite difficult to keep up with the major gambling software companies.
Unlike most online casino software providers, Play’n Go is a company with roots going back to the early 1990s, a few years before the heyday of the iGaming industry. It’s another company demonstrating that Sweden is literally the hotbed of online gambling. With awesome themes, high payout percentages, lots of bonus features, and exciting game engines, slots from Play’n Go are hugely popular all over the world, and Australia is no exception.
Far from aspiring to become a world leader like Microgaming, this online casino software provider has focused on quality, neglecting the number of their game products. Nonetheless, after more than 20 years on the iGaming market, Play’n Go has built a large portfolio offering a decent selection of different casino games. Here are a few titles that are very popular on gambling websites in Australia:
- Reactoonz. With a huge 7×7 game grid, giant symbols, extremely unstable game math and big winnings potential, this is probably the most popular slot in the online casino software vendor’s portfolio.
- Moon Princess. Although this slot looks standard at first glance, it contains 3 ability-based bonus features and has every chance to appeal to fans of Japanese anime.
- Fire Joker. With a classic theme and simple game mechanics, Fire Joker contains a few bonus features that can surprise even the pickiest gambler. By starting the wheel of fortune-style bonus, you can win up to an x10 extra multiplier to claim the game’s maximum payout.
Emerging on the iGaming scene in 2012, BGaming is one of SoftSwiss’ most promising brands, a major aggregator of gambling content. Focused on mobile gaming, software provider BGaming offers some stunning HTML5-based products with great graphics, engaging game action, and some pretty big potential payouts. Here are 3 of the provider’s slots worth mentioning.
- Johnny Cash. A terrific medium-volatility adventure-themed slot with simple game mechanics and an x1,000 max payout multiplier.
- Domnitors. Released relatively recently, this title boasts not only a large maximum prize of x10,000 bet size but also a decent RTP of over 97%.
- Princess Royal. This mid-volatile title has become popular not only because of its simple game mechanics and stunning artwork but also because of its big winning potential with an x9,000 multiplier.
Featuring innovative and feature-rich products, BGaming undoubtedly has great potential for further growth.
Launched in 2006, Rival Gaming does not boast the same popularity as some major online casino software developers, but its products have been well received by many Australians. With superb visuals, high winning potential and packed with different extras, the slots from this provider are included in the gambling collections of many Australia online casino websites. Here are a few titles worth trying out.
- One Million Reels B.C.. Despite its simple 3-reel mechanics, this slot offers T-Rex symbols that are the key to a large progressive jackpot.
- Dark Hearts. With the Ways to Win engine, this slot shows that Rival Gaming – like some other online casino software developers – is committed to innovation.
- Almighty Dollar. Another 3-reel title packed with Wilds featuring extra multipliers and free spins to enhance your view of classic slot machines.
In addition, Rival Gaming offers some terrific table casino games including craps and blackjack.
Founded by three gambling experts in 2011, Quickspin is an up-and-coming online casino software provider with a rather large portfolio that includes mostly slots. In order to compete with the big gambling software companies like NetEnt, the company has focused on creating high-quality online gaming products with amazing graphics, innovative engines, and decent payouts. Here are some of the top games you’re likely to find at good casino websites in Australia.
- Big Bad Wolf. Inspired by the well-known fairytale, this title stands out from the crowd thanks to a high RTP of over 97%.
- Goldilocks. Relaunched recently, this title takes players into the woods where, by taking advantage of the Bears Turn Wild feature, you can win up to x25,000 the bet size.
- Sakura Fortune. Inspired by Japanese culture, this slot belongs to the highly volatile games camp and is capable of paying out up to x64,000 wager size.
Although Quickspin was acquired by Playtech in 2016, is still committed to its core principles of creating gaming products.
Introduced to the world in 2016, Kalamba Games is a rising star in the online casino websites software market. Focusing on quality rather than quantity, this casino software provider has a small portfolio with each game focusing on some unique and exciting theme. Quality graphics, effective extras, and high winning potential are strong points of Kalamba Games. So, here are three of the best picks every Aussie player should try.
- Double Joker. With a 3×3 grid and 10 paylines, Double Joker offers a re-spin feature that improves the overall experience and results in big payouts.
- Age of Dragons. This title impresses not only with its unique grid design, but Wild Columns along with the free spins bonus.
- Midas Treasure. This is another stunning version of the Greedy King’s tale unfolding on a 5×4 playing field with Hyper Bonus being the heart of Midas Treasure.
In addition to the usual slots, Kalamba’s collection also includes progressives, card, and table games that compete well with products of some major online casino software providers.
Quality Casino Games Pros
When choosing between products from well-established online casino software providers and games from little-known gaming studios, you should favor the former, and here’s why.
Each of the best gambling software companies listed above uses an RNG monitored by independent auditors to ensure it operates correctly and does not mislead Australians when gambling.
Play with the Best Casino Software Right Now
Today, the iGaming market in Australia is served by many different online casino software providers, so choosing really good gambling products can be a challenge. We’ve come up with a list of the top 10 gambling software companies that stand out from the crowd because of their unique features, commitment to quality and innovation, and dedication to providing the best possible entertainment value.
Which casino software providers are the best in Australia?Australians prefer to play online casino games released by NetEnt, Microgaming, Rival Gaming, Betsoft, Thunderkick, BGaming, Kalamba Games, Quickspin, Play'n Go, RTG, and several other brands as they provide high entertainment value and offer decent payouts.
Does the software have any impact on payout times?The speed of payouts depends solely on the casino's payment policy and the specifics of the payment gateways.
What software do online casinos use?Most online casinos in Australia use licensed software from the brands mentioned in this article.
What is a reliable online casino software provider?A licensed company supplying certified games with an RNG audited by independent auditors is considered a reliable provider.
Which casino slot software provider is the best in Australia?With almost unlimited production capabilities, Microgaming is the best casino software provider in terms of the number of games released and their quality.